Tea Tree Melaleuca alternifolia
- Renowned for its cleansing qualities and for revitalising the appearance of skin.
- Add a couple of drops to a spray bottle with water for a natural cleaner around the house.
- Diffuse for a fresh clear aroma in the winter months.
Herbaceous, green, leathery
Tea Tree essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. The leaves of the Tea Tree tree were used by the Indigenous Australians for centuries. They would apply crushed leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect. Tea Tree is best known for its cleansing properties. It can be used to cleanse and clarify the skin and nails and to support a healthy looking complexion. Diffusing Tea Tree will help freshen the scent of the air.
- For topical skin applications, apply 1–2 drops of Tea Tree essential oil onto area.
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to cleanse and keeps nails looking healthy.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces as a cleansing and purifying agent.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Food additive use: Dilute one drop in 120 mL or 1/2 cup of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Not to be taken.